TOURS OF TUSCANY
The best of Tuscany tours: discover Tuscan art, culture and hidden gems
Ripostena is the perfect base to enjoy Tuscan cultural exploration and tours of Tuscany. The most important cities in Tuscany for art, architecture and history are all nearby. Visit the Uffizi and Accademia in Florence and marvel at the Ponte Vecchio and Piazza Signoria. Soak up the medieval splendor of Siena and be dazzled by the 14 towers that still dominate the skyline in quaint San Gimignano. Monteriggioni, Casole d’Elsa and Certaldo are just a few of the best tiny Tuscan towns that are just a few kilometers away from us.
The Palio horserace is a twice yearly event that takes place on July 2nd and August 16th in Siena. In the days leading up to both Palio horseraces there is much pageantry and fun to be had visiting Siena. You can attend one of the many free events such as the trial races or even the Palio itself, no ticket required!
Ancient abbeys, beautiful gardens and castles abound in this region of Tuscany.
Here is a list of the coolest places to visit and to experience the best of Tuscany tours:
- San Galgano and Montesiepe church with its own sword in the stone
- Sant’ Antimo Abbey where you can still hear the chanting of the monks
- Monte Oliveto Maggiore has an amazing library, frescoes and pharmacy
- Castles of the Chianti
- Castiglione che dio sol sa, difficult to find but worth the walk to visit this abandoned castle in the woods
- Ville Cetinale beautiful manicured gardens and steps leading to an incredible overlook
- Boboli Gardens famous around the world
- Botanical Gardens of Siena where rare plants abound
- Chianti Sculpture park, an intersection of art and nature